CCC 2023 Autumn Outing
Date: Saturday, 20 May 2023.
- A chance for CCC members, the new families and the newly baptized members to know one another, to strengthen our community spirit through social gatherings.
- To introduce our community to non-Catholic participants.
Morning Kurri Kurri Mural Walk
Lunch Cardiff RSL Club
Afternoon Caves Beach
Meeting and Departure Time
- 7:45am – Meeting at either Eastwood Centre or Lindfield Centre.
- 8:00am – Departure
Kurri Kurri Town of Murals
- Kurri Kurri is an old mine town and now known as the Town of Murals.
- There are over 60 outdoor public artworks on display, showcasing the history and heritage of this region.
- Most of the murals can be found on buildings along the main street of the town, Lang Street.
- The interesting thing is an image of a kookaburra (the emblem of the town) can be found in each mural. Some of these birds are easy to find and some are more difficult. You can challenge yourself and your travelling companions to see who can spot them first.
Cardiff RSL Club – all you can eat buffet
***To enter the club, you need to bring an ID. No slippers/thongs are allowed into club.
- We have booked a function room which is next to the ‘all you can eat’ restaurant.
- We plan to spend about 1.5 hours for lunch and games.
Caves Beach Coastal Walk (1 hour):
- Caves Beach is one of the Central Coast’s must-see destinations.
- It is well-known for its namesake – a network of sea caves that are incredibly picturesque at the southern end of the beach, which can be explored at low tide.
- The caves happen to be easy to access.
- t’s a wonderful place for photography and the beach is gorgeous too.
- 6:00-6:30pm – Back to your meeting and departure Centre. (Depending on the traffic condition on the day.)